Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Counting Chickens before they hatch (not!)

After spending the previous weekend riding an ATV on the Ocean Dunes up in Pismo, where I had a whale of a time, I was still very excited to return to the tomato craze back home in San Diego. Much to my delight, the white fly ridden plants from a couple of weeks ago were thriving, thanks to my sister's timely and multi-pronged intervention with all natural remedies.

The patch now is a vivid green, contrasted against the deep brown mulch from Miramar landfill. What a beauty! To make matters that much more thrilling, the semi-mature early girl we'd brought in started putting out the first of its fruit. I counted a good sized early girl, and two little siblings on the plant, a light green hard globe each. It will be very exciting to walk my neice around the yard and show her how this turns into a mildly acidic, yet sweet red tomato we'll pull off the vine and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment