Friday, March 20, 2009

Keeping up with the Loffts

Conspicuous consumption they say occurs when "households care about their relative standard of living" in relation to their societal peers (J Gali, 1994). But what I did shouldn't concern the Loffts or the ivory tower researchers.

I'd built this outstanding trellis from pieces of wood that are about to be composted and earmarked it for my beans. Instead of the beans, I put in a bunch of Sweet Ann Snap Peas. It was me following Jenn's bright example of pretty flowers and nitrogen fixing with the last little "not-frying hot yet" weather we have. I'm unsure whether the April sun might roast these tender vines. Even if they're not roasted brown, I am unsure if it might be too warm to produce. If nothing, we will will assign it to being a curious character's nature-defying experiment. By late April, it will still not be too late to put more beans in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment